Experts in areas regarding medical emergency services and search and rescue operations met in Szczecin at a two-day conference to exchange their know-how and skills
Two days to make the sea safer for allEMS-SAR Conference lasted 2 days and was co-organized by MUS Training Centre MUSTC, MUS and Pomeranian Medical University On the first day, participants took part in numerous lectures and demonstrations of medical and emergency response equipment presented by the conference partners.
The University has also signed a cooperation agreement with Grupo Stier, a Canary Islands based company, which provides many services for the maritime industry including comprehensive training for seafarers and shipowners and charterers services.
MUS Training Centre Director Kamil Kielek, Grupo Stier CEO Ida Stier and PM Prorector for Maritime Affairs Arkadiusz Tomczak present the signed cooperation agreement
Day 2 was full of practical activities at the newly opened Offshore Training Centre (OTC). Participants had the opportunity to take part in courses including:
- wound and injury care in a marine environment;
- rescue and evacuation from confined spaces;
- rescue and self-rescue in the wind turbine sector;
- Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) exercises and Triage in virtual reality.
Participants earned 13 educational points for attending the conference. They also received certificates - one for participating in the theoretical part, and others depending on their attendance at selected training courses.
The event was attended by marine rescuers - SAR service, medical rescuers from all over Poland, firefighters and military members, along with students and scientists. It was the first conference of its kind in the region which attracted great interest. Partners of the event were the manufacturers of world's class equipment and training companies.
Main partners of the EMS-SAR 2023 Conference:
- AlphaOne - first aid training
- Sea-Doo - watercrafts and pontoons
- Gecko Head Gear Polska
- Security Man Ltd - protecting people and property
- DASMED - first aid
- Laerdal Medical Poland - healthcare education and resuscitation training
- Kawasaki Polska - motorcycles and jet ski